Graduation Gift Ideas 2020


graduation caps

The class of 2020 has gone through a less than ideal senior year. Whether they were graduating from high school, college or a graduate program, many of them were not able to experience their big day nor the excitement that surrounds it. While we can host virtual ceremonies and at home proms, the feeling will not be the same and it is sad to know that they will never get to make those memories. Graduation or not, their accomplishments are not in vain so as their families and friends, the least we can do is make this time as memorable as we can. Recreate those experiences at home and let them know you are proud of them because they have worked so hard to get to this point. Aside from restrategizing the celebrations for the class of 2020, nothing says congratulations like a gift! I personally am not the best gift giver. I am so committed to finding the perfect gift that sometimes I often overthink the situation and end up settling on money or a gift card because I couldn't decide (terrible..I know). In case you may be feeling the same way, I have decided to compile a list of gift ideas for the wonderful class of 2020 graduates!


Cash
I know this post is about actual gifts but sometimes cash can be just as beneficial, if not more, than a physical item. Graduation is not the end destination and in every case there is a next step. The money you give them can be used to help fund additional education, new experiences or allow them to buy themselves something nice. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with cash. That plus a nicely written Hallmark card is a recipe for success every time. 


Amazon Prime Subscription 
This is a very practical gift. While it does not seem rewarding in the moment, its value will be realized once the product is used. Free shipping, entertainment and other features all come with the subscription and people of all ages could benefit from it. A year long subscription is $119. Whether you choose to only finance the first year or make a commitment to covering the subscription costs for a longer period of time, it would be greatly appreciated by any graduate. 

Trendy Electronics 
apple electronics If you’re up to spend a little money, you can go for some of the trendiest new electronice. Beats, apple watches, air pods and laptops are all on the more expensive side but I can guarantee your purchase won’t go to waste because they will use them everyday. 



smart speakers

Smart Speakers
Smart speakers are another cool tech gift that have a number of cool, productivity features. They are digital mini personal assistants that can control and aid your day to day tasks in more ways than one. Whether you opt for the less expensive Google Nest or Amazon Echo Dot option or go all out with a Sonos One or Apple Home Pod, they all have common features and will do the trick. 




Instant Cameras 
instant camerasNoticing a trendy trend yet? Well this one definitely goes along with it. Instant cameras have gained a lot of popularity over the years for their creative way to help people self-express. Along with the Fujifilm Instax 9, competitors like Polaroid and Kodak have also released their versions of the ever so popular instant camera so you have lots of options when deciding. Just a heads up, if you buy them one of these cameras be sure to also purchase extra film so their captured memories can never end!





Weighted blanket 
weighted blanket
I have honestly been wanting a weighted blanket for so long but never felt the need enough to actually buy one. Based on the reviews I have heard from friends, I should’ve purchased one a long time ago. The weighted feature of the blanket adds a sense of security, improves sleep quality and helps reduce anxiety and stress. This soft and comfy gift will definitely not end up on the closet floor and will be loved by every graduate. 





luggageLuggage 
After graduation we never really know exactly where life is going to take them but at least we can know they are prepared. Whether they use it to travel, move into college or their first apartment, they will always have a piece of you with them and you are in the long run aiding their adventures. 




Planner 
plannerI honestly couldn't live without my planner. I write literally everything in it and it is an essential tool to keep me organized. Planners are useful for anyone, in school or not, and would make for an awesome gift. Like I said before, they keep you organized, assist with time management and allow a place for creativity. Get them one in their favorite color or personalize it for a more unique touch. 





Something personal 
You can never go wrong with something personal or handmade. When I graduated from high school, my aunt made me a mini scrapbook of pictures of me and all of my family members. I took it to school with me and it served as a constant reminder of everyone I loved. Personalized memoirs and gifts are more valuable than anything else you can give them and will always hold a special place in their heart. You know them best so you would know who and what they value and love the most and can play on those things to create the perfect gift!


No matter what you give, big or small, it is always the thought that counts. Don’t let the pressure get to you when deciding what to give and always remember that there is no such thing as a bad gift! Comment down below what your favorite gift was or some other graduation gifts ideas!


xoxo,
LD

Comments