Saving Money With Target Circle

Target Circle Logo


If I had to choose only one store to go to for the rest of my life for everything I would need, it would definitely be Target. From food, clothes, electronics, toiletries and even home decor, you name it they have it. Now I may be a little biased considering the fact that I work there but for the record, I was a big fan even before I was employed by them. Target Circle is a free, loyalty program that offers deals and discounts to its users. The app is pretty easy to use and you can add the deals that appeal to you. Today I am planning to go on a Target run and I am going to show you how I prepare for my trip and how much money I end up saving and you could save to!

Step 1: Plan your run
Before I even open the app, I make a list of the things I need and plan on buying. This is usually just a draft because many times I end up buying additional things and opting out of others. I simply create a new note in my phone for easy access as I am shopping.

shopping list

Step 2: Look for deals in the app
Once I have my list, I head to the app to search for deals. I look through the weekly ad and the offers Target created specifically for me and add the ones I like and want to use. Once I am done, I can see all of my saved offers in one place and they have already been added to my account for use at checkout. 

Saved Offers

Step 3: Head to the store and pick up your items
Now is the fun part. It’s time to go to Target to shop for everything on my list. As you can see I ended up not getting everything on the list because they did not have some of the things but I still was able to get most of the stuff.

Shopping Cart


















Step 4: Last Minute Scan
Before I head to the checkout lanes, I always use my scanner in the app to see if there are any additional deals I did not know about yet. As I was scanning everything, I found out that the shoes were 20% off which would add to my savings! The 25% curls offer was already added in my saved offers but if this was something I had missed, I would be able to add the offer right then and there!

Scanning Sandals
 Scanning Hair Products

Step 5: Scan your app at checkout
Once I have added all last minute offers and the cashier has rung up all of my stuff, I make sure they scan my Target Circle app so that all of my discounts will come off and I will save! Not only do you save with your offers by scanning the app, you also earn money to use on future purchases. (Right now I only have 0.24 cents but you know, something is better than nothing lol)
Target Wallet

















Step 6: Celebrate your savings! 
Although this was a smaller Target Run, I saved $8 on an almost $60 trip (before the savings). Combined with my Target Team Member discount and Red Card Savings, I saved $27.17 on my trip and I feel pretty accomplished if you ask me. I purchased a pair of shoes and 6 beauty products all for $32! Sounds like a major steal if you ask me.
Target Receipt Savings














Whether your savings are big or small, every penny counts. All it takes is a little time to add your offers and remembering to scan your items before checkout to maximize savings. Good news is, the Target Circle app is completely free to download and sign up for so what are you waiting for? Let us know down below how you save on your Target run!

(Pro tip: Apply for a Target Debit or Credit Card to save 5% everyday!)


xoxo,
LD

Comments